-
March 6th, 2004, 03:58 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I have heard conflicting stories about junctions in Lb's some say yes some say no some say only if tha Lb is marked with a volume. Does anyone have a code rule for this?
-
March 6th, 2004, 02:02 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I don't believe 12-910 directly applies to conduit fittings such as L.B.s.
Here in Alberta the provision to splice in an L.B. is made in the Standata (local amendments) in the amendment and interpretation of 12-3002. Which states "The code does not permit "conduit fittings" to be used as a junction box. However in Alberta we have interpreted.......The fitting must also comply with the requirements of Rule 12-3036 and Table 22".
I checked the Manitoba amendments and there doesn't seem to be an amendment for this. Both provincial amendments can be found by going to www.codemath.com and clicking on links.
<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ March 06, 2004 10:04 AM: Message edited by: ccrash ]</font></font>
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 06, 2004 10:05 AM: Message edited by: ccrash ]</font>
-
March 6th, 2004, 02:16 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I agree with ccrash, here in Alberta and ammendment has been made to splice in LB's, mainly for splicing solonoid valves or photocells, which generally have only 3-4 inches of wire coming from them.
-
March 6th, 2004, 04:32 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I think the rule you're looking for is 12-910
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks